Ivermectin dose

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mccluckers, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Mccluckers

Mccluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    I know this question has been asked a lot but not about my exact brand, I have " ivomec classic pour-on. A clear pour on solution containing 0.5% w/v ivermectin" I am treating for suspected lice. How much do I put on and where? The bottle is 1 litre, pic below:[​IMG]

Thank you

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    It won't work for lice, but might work for mites, though I wouldn't count on it. Anyway, the dose is 0.5mg per kg, which works out to 0.045ml per pound of body weight.

If you can, return it and get some poultry dust or 5% Sevin powder instead. :D

-Kathy

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  3. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk

Many other sources say ivermectin works on everything apart from NFM. I ordered it online so I can't really. I have dusted and that seems to have done the trick but I think I will do this aswell just in case as they are going through a stressful time at the moment with the antibiotics( as you know) and the rooster has just come victim to a pred so the hens are abit upset so any mites/lice won't be helping there cause! Do you know how many drops I should put on for different sizes. My math isn't good!

Thanks

4. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Size of drop depends on the dropper... What will you use to apply drops?

-Kathy

5. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    I am hoping to use just like an eye dropper. I haven't got one yet but will.

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Can you get a syringe from a feed store? If not, get an oral dosing syringe from a pharmacy. Let me know what you find and I'll figure out how many drops to give.

-Kathy

7. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
  8. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  9. Mccluckers

Jun 5, 2014
    uk
    ok if i went with that on how many drops would i need to give them?
    thanks

10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

No need to do drops. Buy the syringe and I'll make a picture that shows how much to give.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by