Ivermectin dose

Mccluckers

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 5, 2014
uk
I know this question has been asked a lot but not about my exact brand, I have " ivomec classic pour-on. A clear pour on solution containing 0.5% w/v ivermectin" I am treating for suspected lice. How much do I put on and where? The bottle is 1 litre, pic below:

Thank you

It won't work for lice, but might work for mites, though I wouldn't count on it. Anyway, the dose is 0.5mg per kg, which works out to 0.045ml per pound of body weight.

If you can, return it and get some poultry dust or 5% Sevin powder instead. :D

-Kathy

Last edited:
It won't work for lice, but might work for mites, though I wouldn't count on it. Anyway, the dose is 0.5mg per kg, which works out to 0.045ml per pound of body weight.

-Kathy

Many other sources say ivermectin works on everything apart from NFM. I ordered it online so I can't really. I have dusted and that seems to have done the trick but I think I will do this aswell just in case as they are going through a stressful time at the moment with the antibiotics( as you know) and the rooster has just come victim to a pred so the hens are abit upset so any mites/lice won't be helping there cause! Do you know how many drops I should put on for different sizes. My math isn't good!

Thanks

-Kathy

Many other sources say ivermectin works on everything apart from NFM. I ordered it online so I can't really. I have dusted and that seems to have done the trick but I think I will do this aswell just in case as they are going through a stressful time at the moment with the antibiotics( as you know) and the rooster has just come victim to a pred so the hens are abit upset so any mites/lice won't be helping there cause! Do you know how many drops I should put on for different sizes. My math isn't good!

Thanks

Size of drop depends on the dropper... What will you use to apply drops?

-Kathy

I am hoping to use just like an eye dropper. I haven't got one yet but will.

Can you get a syringe from a feed store? If not, get an oral dosing syringe from a pharmacy. Let me know what you find and I'll figure out how many drops to give.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom