Ivermectin - how often to use it? And BigL dewormer?

The ivermectin in the picture is 10 mg per ml. The dosage I gave was 5 mg per ml and 0.1 ml per every 2 pounds of weight. For 10 mg per ml the dosage would be 0.05 ml per 2 pounds. It only needs to be repeated once after 14 days. It is only applied to the back of the neck, and not on the legs.

The ivermectin in the picture is 10 mg per ml. The dosage I gave was 5 mg per ml and 0.1 ml per every 2 pounds of weight. For 10 mg per ml the dosage would be 0.05 ml per 2 pounds. It only needs to be repeated once after 14 days. It is only applied to the back of the neck, and not on the legs.
Ok so about 0.05 per kg 😬 So I've overdosed him with 0.3 ml. Hopefully there's a wide margin of error without any problems?

Just wondering why you couldn't apply a small drop of the dosage to each leg? I know I read that tip here on BYC years ago. I wouldn't see why it matters, but maybe I'm missing something?

Back
Top Bottom