1. 4everfarmgirl

4everfarmgirl Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    Ontario
    Where the heck can I find Ivermectin??? I have looked at TSC and cannot find any. I have to treat my chickens for scaly leg mites. Can anyone help me please???

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Have you asked a salesperson or just looked yourself?
    Just about every farm supply type store around here has it, TSC, Atwoods, the farmer's co-op. It's in the cattle section.

3. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Ivermectin comes in a tube for horse wormer, as well as in a liquid that is injected for cattle wormer. Any farm supply place can show it to you!

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Ask your vet. He may sell you some.

5. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    TSC definitely carries it. It's locked up, and you have to ask them to get it out for you.

6. 4everfarmgirl

4everfarmgirl Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    Ontario
    I will have to look at TSC again. I live in a small town, so our store may not carry it and the sales people aren't very helpful! Thanks for the replies though.

7. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    It may be in a counter or in a cabinet. DE works well, too and is less caustic more holistic.

8. chickenhick

chickenhick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Virginia
    for scaly let mites, I just use petroleum ointment. Its easy to find, not harmful and it smothers the mites.

9. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Are you in Ontario Canada?? Reason I ask is, TSC here is different than in the states. Ours DO NOT carry ivermectin. You need to go to a co-op or feed store. It will be for either sheep or cattle. In the meantime, if you smother tha leg mites with vaseline or vicks vapo rub,, and keep them coverd for several days, that should help.

10. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Does VetRx work for leg mites, too? I seem to think it does... good stuff to have on hand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by