Ivomec dosage for mites

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by melanie, Jan 9, 2011.

1. melanie

melanie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Hello, I've googled using Ivomec injectable for a chicken with red mites. Could someone confirm if .10cc Ivomec is correct for a fairly large chicken. I am injecting in breast. Thanks. I need something to work quickly.

2. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    I use 1/2 cc per large bird if they are non-laying. If they are laying, I use 1/2 cc of Eprinex pour-on because there is no egg withdrawal. I thought the .1cc was per pound of bird. You might want to keep searching for the exact dosage. My product may be different from yours. Try using the "search" feature of this site and check what others have used.

3. melanie

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Thank you. Do you know is yours 1% cattle injectable? I have horse paste, too.

4. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Pet rats get one dose every week for three weeks at the size of an uncooked grain of rice of horse paste.

Rats are not birds but a male is often less then three pounds and females are usually less then two pounds.

I don't even know if the orsl paste is safe for birds.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  5. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
  6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:If the horse paste has ivermectin in it, give a "pea" size amount to standard size and "BB" size amount to a smaller chicken. You can put the paste on a small piece of bread and give each chicken a piece of bread individually. ETA; if there's praziquantel and ivermectin in the paste, it'll kill tapeworms as well as other worms.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  7. melanie

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    OK, I'm going to go with a pea size paste. Thank you![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by