ivory polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by granny hatchet, Oct 31, 2013.

1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i was very lucky to receive some unusual chickens yesterday,i dont know if there is a standard for them or just a matter of crossing . i am waiting on santa to get me a camera so i will describe the best i can. #1, ivory/cream colored polish roo, looks full blooded except young and smaller, #2 white, with soft black barring polish roo, looks full blooded, #3 looks like the tolbunt polish hen but was told by breeder was a cross of golden polish and a barred rock, does not look full because of a shorter tail, #4 white headed black frizzle polish but part of top picked off and short tail, these may all be a result of picking, i also received a old english blue hen and a quail antwerp( i cant spell) belgian hen, both bantam. all for 24 dollars. now beside the fact that i got a really good price, did i get good chickens?

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    cream one is probably a buff, the white with barring is a cuckoo, the white headed one is a white crested black

1 person likes this.
  3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008

Without seeing the birds it's a little hard to comment on their quality. However, I've always believed the adage "you get what you pay for".

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    oh, i belive that too but in this situation it is an elderly man thats having a hard time now. he is a breeder and usually dont even let people in his coops but i had a hard time with some chick delivers and the post office called him and he did invite me me. i live in a really small town. and i do think he was just being very kind. the p.o. lost the chicks and one died. tolbunt polish they were. so the one i got that looks like a tolbunt but i know its not. golden lace polish and barred rock i think he said, do people breed these on purpose?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by