ivory polish?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by granny hatchet, Jan 7, 2014.

1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i was given a ivory polish roo from an old breeder about 6 months or so ago. unfortunately he died last night from our bitter cold. as im looking around i cant find another like him. did i have the breed wrong ? he was small, like a bantam ivory all the way through to the tophat. very gentle and sweet.does anyone have a pic. of this ??

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Do you have a picture of him? I only know of white (solid white bird) and buff (tan-ish color) that could be what you are talking about.

3. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    when you say Ivory do you mean white? Never heard of a Ivory polish. Do you have any pic's of it?

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    no, he was def. ivory, all the way through. i kinda figured he was a project or one of a kind. i dont have a pic. it is so cold here when i found him i threw him over the hill. wasnt quite sure what to do except figure the coyotes are hungry too. i did at the same time get a polish that is same size that is barred with the ivory top

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    he was the color of old lace.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    if there is a solid white one and a buff then could it be this was a mix of the two? it had no off colors. i mean there wasnt a buff one here and a white one there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by