Ivy in New Hampshire

ivylpage

Hatching
Mar 14, 2015
I am not new to chickens, but it has been years. I just ordered my flock of 6. Trying to decide on whether I want a tractor coop combo. Looking forward to learning with all of you.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

If you haven't already done so, check out the forums on coop/runs and search for tractor discussions. Or post your own questions or plans there for input.

I don't know your situation or the planned purpose of your flock, but IMO you need a lot of acreage for a tractor to be the choice. If you have a lot of predators, the tractors can be difficult to fortify.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning!! I have never used a tractor, but some people love them. I would do as Sunflour suggested and stop by our Coop and Run Construction forums and ask about the pro's and con's of them....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

Make yourself at home here. Ask any questions you may have. Welcome to our flock!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It really does depend on your situation. But my first thought would be to make sure you are predator proof. The coop section should give you some good ideas https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs

Good luck with your new chicks. Enjoy BYC and be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You got some good links to check out above. Enjoy your new foray into chicken keeping!

Hey there! Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you decided to join! Let us know if you have any questions, we will be glad to help you if we can.
big_smile.png
There is a lot of great info on here, and lots of very knowledgeable people, so I'm sure you'll be able to find any info you may be looking for.
smile.png
I've used tractors for my birds and they're great. I use them for my bantams, and move them around on our lawn.

The predators that survived this year's rotten weather must be starving for a good meal. Please think predator protection first. Welcome to BYC

Back
Top Bottom