J.M Hatchery Muscovys! Great service!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by lowcountrypoultry, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone ordered these?
    Or has anyone ever ordered from here?

There the only place that sells muscovys! (that I can find)

Thanks For All The Help!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I love J.M. Hatchery! [​IMG] I have ordered their silkies, and when we picked them up they were very healthy. He has a very nice setup. You can see pics of the silkies on my site. I haven't had any experiences with the muscovies though.

3. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    We are new to the chicken world, but this is where we started. We drove out to JM Hatchery and picked up our freshly hatched silkies and they were wonderful!! Very clean, beautiful hatchery!! As a home school family, they were very kind to my children and seemed to take wonderful care of all the animals.
    I have since had to call back and ask silly questions like how can I tell which are males and which are females, and they couldn't be more helpful. I was very pleased with working with them!!

4. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    I have JM Moscovies and they are cute little quackers. I've had them a week and no problems with them.

5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Is there a link for them? I could not find any hatchery with them when I was looking for them so I ended up swapping for some eggs but if they don't hatch for some reason I'd like a place to buy ducklings from.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  6. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:They aren't the only hatchery that sells them, Country Hatchery has muscovies too, Wildsky got 6 from them.

7. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
  8. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Strombergs sells assorted muscovy ducklings too. I can't think of any other hatcheries that sell them. Well one more but they don't ship to every state and i've heard a lot of complaints about them lately.

Edited to Add: Randall Burkey sells them too.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  9. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my order in today, they were shipped express mail, and arrived here in under 24 hours, all ducks are alive and healthy.

I will definitely buy from here again, and I recommend it.

That extra money it cost to get them really pays off.

10. KLH2010

KLH2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Do they seem to be bigger and more rapid growing like it talks about on their website?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by