J.T. the sneaky, sneaky hen!! Funny Story! Must Read!!!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
J.T. just finished raising one baby chick. And she started laying eggs again soon afterwards. Well just a minute ago I was outside on the backporch feeding the guineas out of a bucket and then once I was done feeding I sat the bucket on the table and looked under the table to find a lid for it. So I kneel down and look under it what do I see? I see J.T. in a basket under the table!! So I run and get my mom and tell her to come her and see what I found. So she comes out there and looks under the table!!! So I make her get out and she fluffs her neck and and trys to peck me and gives me the "Stink Eye" look!
wink.png
I make her get out of the basket and low and behold there are 14 eggs in the basket!!! The sneaky lil' hen!!!
lau.gif
So now I' m trying to decide if I throw out the eggs or not!!!
hmm.png

47807_d9d9d9dd9ddejjdjddj.jpg

47807_d9d9d9dd9ddejjdjddj_2.jpg

47807_d9d9d9dd9ddejjdjddj_3.jpg

47807_d9d9d9dd9ddejjdjddj_4.jpg

Hope you Enjoyed!
big_smile.png

That's a right cozy nest there.
wink.png
I've also had issues keeping my BOs from brooding. I'm done incubating/raising chicks, so I keep taking the eggs from them.

Quote:
Yep, my BOs are "suppost" to be my egg laying flock, but instead they're my broodies! I can't make them stop hatching out babies!!!
I already have quail eggs and 1 chick'n egg in the bator and it was hard enough to put just 1 chicken egg in the bator so ... can't have 14 more chicks!!!
wink.png

Last edited:
Isn't that the truth!!! Our Buff's want to sit ALL THE TIME! And, all they need is ONE EGG to start sitting. They have got to be the MOST BROODY HENS EVER! She's pretty though. She must have been saving those up for awhile.

Who's the daddy? What kind of breed?

Quote:
Last time she hatched out babies I found her in our barn setting on 19 eggs and only 1 hatched and it was a BO rooster!
roll.png

I put her in a different pen with young roosters so I dunno who the dad might be?

She looks a bit perturbed to be shooed out of that comfy nest! At my house she'd have to compete with the outdoor cats for that basket.
lol.png

Quote:
She was setting under the "Junk" table as I call it. I stick all my baby chick supplys etc under there to keep it out of sight, and I guess J.T. decided to start setting under there!!
lol.png
roll.png
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom