Jack and Sally... Life as a Fowl....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Yara, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Yara

Yara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    Oklahoma
    (Firstly, I'm doing this for fun so I may be updating from time to time [​IMG])

Love At First Flight.

When I was a young chick, I lived on a homestead with my friends and hatch mates. We ran all over foraging for food and sometimes we would go around the people that had food and steal the scraps they left behind. Those silly people are messy eaters, but it made for a lucky snack for me when they had what they called a "cook out". On one special occasion, there was a big bunch of people that were all hanging out in the back yard. When I saw them starting to get out the food, my friends and I flocked to see what we could get. Sitting on a bench was the cutest little person I'd ever seen. He was half the size of the big people running around! He and I became good friends! He gave me food and let me sit on his finger and petted me. At first I was scared but it felt pretty good and I knew he wouldn't hurt me so I followed him all weekend.

A couple of days later, a couple of people came to pick up my new found friend. I was sad, and so was he. He went to his big people, he called them "Mom and Dad", and cried and begged. I didn't know what they were saying but the Mom and Dad seemed to be negotiating with my little friend. Next thing I knew, I was in a cage like thing with one of my friends and we were taking a ride. I was so scared but my friend was by my side. I leaned on him until we came to a stop. Those people go fast! We got to where they called "home" and they put us in a big thing they called a "coop". It was warm and there was lots of hay and places to sleep. My friend took a picture with us. We were still scared from the ride though so it wasn't a very good picture. We make up for it later though!
    [​IMG]

My friend was so proud of us. He came out and took care of us every day. Those were happy days!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. Yara

Aug 9, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Forgotten....

After a few weeks we got use to our new home. My little friend would come and see us every day and feed us good food and give us fresh water. I would love to sit on is hand and he would carry me around and we would play. After a while though, my friend quit coming around as much. Sometimes he would feed and water us and just turn around and leave! I would wait by the door and wanted someone to pay attention to me! Jack and I sat alone and had many a conversation about what we did wrong to make the boy not like us anymore.

When the boy wouldn't come out to feed me a big person would come out. She would talk to us in a very soft and sweet voice and I began to like her. Sometimes she would bring us treats and we learned to eat from the palm of her hand. I always made sure to not peck too hard so I wouldn't hurt her. She began to call me Sally and my friend she named Jack. I liked it and knew that when she called those names she wanted us to come to her! I didn't have a problem with that... she brought food! Jack and I began to get attached to this big person. We call her our mom because she takes care of us every day. We look forward to her coming outside. Jack and I are grateful to have a mom that loves us!

[​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Cute story! [​IMG] They are gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing.

4. Yara

Aug 9, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Last night was such a good night. Jack, Mom, and me sat outside in the cool breeze after we ate some snacks. The ducks even shared with us! I hope everyone else had as good a night as we did! We like to sit on the trampoline with our family.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by