1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Jack Russ and his ball obsession

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by laseterlass, Jul 20, 2011.

1. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    Legos our JRt will wear everyone ,(there are 8 kids here every day), with his play. He has a rainbow basketball that does not hold air and he brings it to you, drops it at your feet and does a play stance to get you to kick it. Today as we were attempting to mow the lawn and refused to pay him any attention he ran up to our flock of 8 week old BOs dropped the ball in front of them and went in play stance! Needless to say none of them kicked it for him. [​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

LOL, I can just see the feathers flying........... scary ball monster [​IMG]

4. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    That's too funny!! It HAS GOT to be JRT thing! My neighbor has one named Cash and he will steal all basketballs, volleyballs, and soccerballs rolling them as fast as he can over to his yard...that is his obsession...rolling the balls all around the yard. Once a week, the kids generally need to go over and collect the balls. All I can say is at least he doesn't pop them [​IMG]

5. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    Quote:Actually they just stopped pecking at the compost pile and looked at him. They are so used to him running all over barking at the neighbors dogs that they are non reactive. The mower does not bother them either. I vacumned around them in the house and used their brooder as a sawhorse while building their coop. Not much ruffles their feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by