jack

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!! We love newbies
smile.png

Hi Jack,
welcome-byc.gif

Nice to have you here. Do you have poultry now? If so, tell us a bit about them (and pictures are always nice)!

If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center. There are some really good articles there that can help answer lots of questions. And the Search feature is handy...it's in the upper left, under the logo.

I have to tell you, I chuckled when I saw your name. My cousin was married to a very dear man named Jack (he's deceased now) but anytime someone said "Hi Jack", he'd tell them "Don't say that at the airport" and laugh like crazy!

Anyway, thanks for joining us!

Hi Jack, nice to meet you. I confess I was ready to laugh just writing that. it's that NFC - she stirs things up.
gig.gif
Just the same - Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Hello Jack and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. You have some good pointers for starting out already, so I'll just say a big hello!

CT

is anyone used doxycyclin for chicken respiratory disease , i have a rooster thats gasping for breath, ?

is anyone used doxycyclin for chicken respiratory disease , i have a rooster thats gasping for breath, ?

Hello and welcome to BYC!

I am sorry about your rooster. Chickens can gasp for breath for a lot of reasons...respiratory ailments, heart failure, gape worms, Avian Wet Pox, Canker, something stuck in the throat, etc... Does he have a runny nose, runny eyes, coughing? If so, is there smell to the face? Swollen face or sinuses? These would definitely indicate respiratory issues.

Whily Doxy is a great drug, in certain respitatory symptoms, Sulfadimethoxine or Duramycin might be the better choice.

BUT...if Doxy is all you have it will work well enough.

Back
Top Bottom