Jacksonville, Florida Chicken Owners NEEDED!

Shared Acres

Songster
11 Years
Aug 10, 2008
Northeast Fla
Not sure where else to put this!

The Florida Times Union is looking for people IN the city limits who own chickens in their backyard for a story.

Would prefer a variety of people, ie:
small farm/several varieties of animals, but mostly interested in those who have them in their neighborhoods
NEWBIES welcome!
If you have them inside or use chicken diapers, that would be awesome too.

Planning on doing a story about why you have them, why/when you got started.

MESSAGE ME if you'd be interested. I can't promise you that you'll all be in there or anything as we need to get a variety of people. Really would like to have a mixture of people who've had them for a long time AND just now got into them.

Please note, that when selected I will interview you and will need to go to some of your houses to see your flock and take pics.

If you know people who aren't on here but fit this, feel free to have them contact me, my work email is: WritingArticles ON aol. (Didn't write it out because of spammers.)

I don't know how many Jax people are on here, sorry you didn't hear from anybody ,,,
idunno.gif

I hope so too.

Looks like (editor's decision) I'm writing this in first person with some quotes and people in the area who are doing it as well.

I have a guy I sold 2 chicks two for pets that wants to do it. Hoping to find someone who also bought chickens for eggs.

Anyone know any experts on the subject here in Fla or in Jax?

This is just me asking, but isn't owning chickens in the city limits an illegal act? Could these people be made "anonymous" for their own protection?

I would assume that would depend on the city and not all cities are the same.

Edited to say: Most newspapers do NOT like people to be anonymous. Think about it this way, if you read a bunch of news articles with a supposed anonymous person, you would suspect that the paper was making people up.

Last edited by a moderator:
True....but depending on the city ordinances...the story might put the flock owners at risk of losing their flocks.

Back
Top Bottom