"Jacuzzi" added to their nite pen (and Lights) yeayy.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Hattiegun, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

This is their Nite pen ( going to put the stock tank heaters in today , getting colder --ickkkkkk)

so My alpha drake wont let my 2 babies (6 mo old) in the big pond with them so I put in a mini pond for them -LOL-- got all the straw down for winter and all the plastic up on the whole outside,, oh and got the lites and more elec added,,, no more blowing fuses !!! yeayyyy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Confined ducks have it made at your house!

And any duck at night has it made there too!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Boy ain't that the truth [​IMG]

4. LLCoyote

LLCoyote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Where did you find a pond that large and how do you keep it so clean? I'm in search of a new one x.x

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    If you see a woman with her hair in a bun and a sleeping bag under her arm sneaking in at night, that's me.

[​IMG]

6. Hattiegun

Quote:I got it at Menards !! its called the Key Largo, its like a 250 or 270 gal pond,, I put a tub drain in the bottom and hooked it up to PVC pipe .. I drain, hose down, refill. I have a water hydrant at the opposite end..Now that I have seven ducks I change the water everyday but i could do it everyother day ... I put stock tank heater in for winter and did not have one problem last winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Love your set up! I always say if I win the lottery (although I'll actually have to DO the lottery first lol) that I am going to built an Eden Project type dome over my entire house and garden (Non-Brits I'm not so sure how famous the Eden Project is but it is enormous domes with plants and quails living under them: http://www.edenproject.com/) I actually think that you have the closest thing I have seen lol! It is wonderful! I will be joining Amiga with the sleeping bag and what the heck, the bun also! Love it! Love your ducks toooo! Maybe me, my sleeping bag, my bun and my 4 calls can join you? xxxxx
    PS
    This is a bit of a long message just to say 'love it' cos the ducks are in bed and I've had a glass of wine xxxxxx
    [​IMG]

8. priss

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    PS
    That last photo looks like the Doog. I'm now wondering if she is moonlighting at your house lol!

9. Hattiegun

Priss ~~ Glass of wine sounds yummy ~~ and Ohhh is would be soo much fun for a bunch of us duckie friends could live close together.
    That is Riot , but my Omlet even looks more like Doog !!
    And Yes, Ill leave the light on !!!
    (for u and Amiga and whoever else is coming ))
    PS bring your wine !!!!

10. priss

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Ohhhhh I know Omlet and Omlet totally looks like Dooog! I will definitely bring the wine! It is cranberry wine!
    Omlet snoogles would be AWESOME!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by