Jakes Legs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thefishery, Nov 21, 2009.

1. thefishery

thefishery Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    So I'm pretty sure Jake has scaly leg mites. Maybe one of the hens do too. I used a pesticide given to me from souther states, I can't remember the name of it right now. I put that on once and I've been covering everyones legs with vasoline every night. Jakes legs look like they are missing scales. The are red and irritated looking. One of the hens legs, who I didn't think had mites, appear to be lightening in color. Is vasoline every night too much or am I doing it right? Is it possible that Jake lost his scales on his legs and thats what they are going to look like for now on? They do look a lot better than they did, just missing scales.

2. thefishery

Oct 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    ok the stuff I used on their legs was permectrin

3. thefishery

Oct 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    anybody?

4. thefishery

Oct 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    nobody?

5. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    sorry I cant help, try reposting with a different title

6. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    First of all, it might help if you posted a picture.

How old are your chickens? I know that as my little roo grew up, I first thought something was wrong with him because he started to develop red/pink areas on his legs. It turns out it was just developing hormones and normal coloration.

7. thefishery

Oct 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I've tried to get pictures but they come out really bad. My camera lens is scratched up thanks to my kids who think they are professional photographers.

My rooster is about 2 yrs old.

How do I get my pictures on here?

8. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Look for uploads in the top tool bar of your BYC page. Click it then up load the picture from your computer. Then copy the image link under the photo and paste it into your post. Hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by