Jalapeno's on the grill

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by lakeshorenc, Jun 22, 2009.

1. lakeshorenc

lakeshorenc Songster

Jan 14, 2009
    Lake Waccamaw NC
    We grill out a lot in the summer and my DH has been making these with the jalapeños he grows...

He cuts the peppers in half and removes the seeds. Sets aside.
    Softens some cream cheese, mixes it with a little ranch dressing mix. ( not sure of the exact ratio), I think its a whole block of cream cheese to half a packet of ranch.
    Then cuts some thin sliced bacon in half and microwaves it just a little (so it browns quicker on the grill).
    Stuffs the pepper with the cream cheese wraps the semi-pre cooked bacon around it secures it with a tooth pick, then grills them.

They are SOOO good!!!!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. Luvin Life

Luvin Life Songster

Apr 21, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Thanks for sharing. That sounds wonderful. I love the cream cheesed stuffed peppers, this takes it to another level. Bacon, anything wrapped in bacon [​IMG]. I'll be trying this soon!!

3. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    That sounds soooo good! My first jalapenos are starting to mature in the garden... can't wait till they're ready!

4. Does he use dry ranch mix. You stated packet.

Here might be another good one.

Jalepeno sliced in half, take out seeds.
    Brick of cream cheese soft
    1/2 Tbsp of minced garlic
    1 bag of shreaded cheese

optinal 1/2 tsp of horseradish

Put on knife spread in half pepper and eat.

5. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Songster

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    sounds similar to what I do. I take the top off of the jalapenos, poke a small hole in the bottom with a toothpick, and take the seeds out, and then stuff a chunk of cheddar in each one and wrap in bacon. We have a jalapeno holder to cook them in on the grill. You have to put 2 toothpicks in them so that they do not fall through the holes.

6. lakeshorenc

lakeshorenc Songster

Jan 14, 2009
    Lake Waccamaw NC
    Yes, he uses the dry mix.

Hillbilly Rooster, that recipe sounds good too!!! [​IMG]

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    OMG that sounds divine...

8. My father and I would go out to are garden and pick fresh jalepano's cut the top off and drop in the deep fryer and have some beers they're actual good that way.

Plus I make jalepano jelly. Very good with cream cheese and bagel.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  9. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Songster

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    we had grilled, sharp cheddar cheese stuffed, wrapped in bacon jalapenos last night! The peppers were from the garden! they were YUMMYYYYY!!!

10. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I reccomend melting the cream cheese in a saucepan--thin it out with a little sour cream, and add your flavorings.

Then take a syringe (we call them flavor injectors in my house), fill with mixture, and poke two holes in the top of the jalepeno. In hole #2, inject the mix until full: a little cream will come out hole #1.

Then grill, broil, bake--whatever. They freeze REALLY well this way--which is great because we end up with a coupla hundred pounds of various peppers by winter. Good Christmas gifts & for parties.

The bacon could be added if you cooked it & tossed it in the food processer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: