Jams and Jellies

chicken stalker

TOS Rocks!
Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
To those of you that sell jams and jellies, how much stock do you bring to shows/markets? I was offered an opportunity to sell over the winter at an indoor market but I'm not sure how much to bring. I was thinking about 8-10 different flavors but I don't now how many of each. Also how much do you charge for an 8oz? Right now I sell for $5 per 8oz.

Quote:
I only sell to family/friends since in California the law is that to sell you have to make the product in a certified kitchen. But I would bring everything you have you never know what people are going to want. Also, consider providing tastes of jelly which is a very affective marketing strategy.

When I sell I charge $5.00 for 8oz and that seems to go over well. Also, I have computerized labels that I custom design for our ranch (include your phone number). There is a on-line company called "On Line labels" and the 2" round label fits the 8 oz jar lid perfectly and 2 1/2" fits the wide mouth. There are templates and you set up once and away you go so great and get a full sheet of labels in no time from your printer. Good luck.

Sandee

I sell mine for $5 per 8 oz. also. I agree, offer samples! Once they get a taste, they usually buy.
wink.png

Thanks for the imput. My kitchen was inspected by the state (NY). I can produce fruit based jams and jellies. In order to produce relishes, pickles and specialty jams(herbal or pepper) I would need a certified kitchen and a licesence which requires big $$.

My flavors are unique. Right now most are apple based. Here are some examples

Apple Pie Jam
Bubble gum Jelly
Cotton Candy
CArmel Apple
Candy Apple

Working on...
Pear
Fall harvest
Winterberry

Then I also have the traditional fruit jams

I charge $6 for an 8oz and $11.50 for a 16oz. Jars are NOT cheap... and I don't get those jars back.

I have seen them at the farmers market here between $6 and $8, so don't feel guilty... make a profit for your time and costs.

Back
Top Bottom