Jan. 21st hatch day! I have chicks! Pics Added pg 12!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gvntofly05, Dec 30, 2009.

1. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    My eggs will be here tomorrow and I will be putting them in the incubator on New Year's Day! So I will have a hatch date of Jan 21st. I'm really excited cause my older girls will be 18 weeks the same week I will have babies! If I'm lucky I'll have babies and first eggs all within a few days of each other. (I have 26 pullets, so I'm hoping for 1 or 2 to lay around 18-19 weeks!) I'm becoming the crazy chicken lady to everyone in my family!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. OhMyItsAndyy

OhMyItsAndyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    West England
    Awh thats so cute!
    Crazy chickeness is awsum too!

3. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

[​IMG]

I have my fingers crossed that my eggs get here, and they can be set on the first! I hope to have a Happy Hatch for the first month of the year too! Actually, I am having a really nice person in town use my incubator (Hovabator Genesis) to hatch two shipments for me...I am expecting eggs from Dick Horstman and Jenlyn here on BYC, they were both supposed to send them earlier this month but unexpected things happened, so they both said they would ship them "on the 26th"....I am anxiously awaiting them!!

I hope you have a Wonderful New Year Hatch!!

Tina

4. dovecanyon

dovecanyon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Niland, CA
    If my eggs arrive tomorrow I will be setting on the 1st. I'll join if they do. I did my last hatch alone, and think I would enjoy the "company".
    I'll be back...

5. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I hope your eggs arrive dovecanyon and Tina! It would be great to have some hatching buddies!

6. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    I was going to wait until the 1 st but am getting impatient. So the bator is heating up now and I'll put eggs in tomorrow(only a dozen). Then I collect 5 more days and put another batch in and keep doing that until the bator is full! Another staggered hatch it is, my chickens aren't laying well so I can't collect enough in 10 days to fill the bator.

7. Spinster_Sister

Spinster_Sister Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2009
    Hawthorne, CA
    Count me in! My lone Jersey Giant chick, Parsley, needs more of it's kind - the Barred Rock, Rosemary, is a little too rough for him/her.

I actually have 7 unwashed JG eggs that were shipped that have been settling in room temperature for almost 5 days now...I hope they are still good to incubate. [​IMG]

8. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    I have a lone possible Mottled Java due on the 7th.....

Today I set 10 Delware eggs in the incubator with it. I had originally set 4 eggs, but only one of them proved fertile for the January 7th hatch. I can't stand the idea of that chick being alone for too long, so I ordered the Delaware eggs. I set them late tonight so they will be day one tomorrow.

Laney

9. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    Me. I HAVE to. I lost my last ones on day 19 to a temp spike. [​IMG] Better luck this time. [​IMG]

10. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I set some more today. I have some suppose to hatch on the 1st.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by