Janie's Kidded! Pics Pg. 2

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, May 5, 2009.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Well here is our last doe due until July. Janie is one of our homebred does - daughter to Marybelle (produces 4 lbs a day) by a buck we no longer own. This will be our first second generation kid, and we're excited to see how Janie freshens for her FF.

These pics were taken 4/28. Today is day 138 for her. She is bred to Billy Boy Blue. As you can see in the pics, her rear end was already gearing up a week ago!

THINK PINK

ETA now that I post the pics I see how dirty the girl is LOL...pardon the dust...she had just been clipped too and I can never make a freshly clipped black goat look smooth haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    She's looking good with that udder filling in already. Can't wait to see her ... triplet girls!!!!! [​IMG]

3. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    She is beautiful. Good luck!

I notice you have her in a regular welded wire fence instead of the woven wire horse or goat fence. Is that working OK?

I was thinking about using that too since it is cheaper instead of spending 300.00 for the goat fencing? Is it working ok for you or do they tear it?

4. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    Its good to see that we are not the only ones still on watch!

[​IMG]

Chris and Tina

5. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Horned goats KILL this welded wire. Under the best of circumstances, you can expect 1-1.5 years of use out of it. I've had a doe in season (horned) rip a 2' square hole in it in less than 3 hrs to get to her favorite buck. One of my runs now has three layers of fencing down one side, LOL, and all of my fencing has patchwork on it somewhere...

Just FYI - horned goats will tear right through woven wire too. The only fence I haven't seen them tear is heavy guage diamond mesh no-climb horse fencing...but that's the most expensive wire fence on the market.

If your goats are disbudded, you can use whatever kind of fence you want to.

6. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Thinking pink for you!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG]
    Pink, Pink, PINK!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Mitzi

8. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    That is an interesting white patch on her side. Looks like you took a roller with white paint and went down her belly. [​IMG]

9. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    [​IMG]

Any update on Janie?

[​IMG]

10. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Not yet!