1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

JANOEL FULLY AUTOMATIC DIGITAL 48 EGGS EGG INCUBATOR??? Review Needed Please???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 330-Trapper, Jun 1, 2013.

1. 330-Trapper

330-Trapper Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2009
    Minnesota
    I'm looking at the Janoel fully Automatic Digital 48 egg incubator on ebay and was wondering if this is a good one?

2. xmonster0

xmonster0 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2013
    Calhan Colorado
  3. veggiecanner

veggiecanner Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    i I have the digital Octogon one. And it works great. I ordered one of the 60's and the seller contacyed me so she could order it for me from China (drop ship), several days ater I had bought it.
    If you don't mind it taking awhile to get to you and yo get a good price , I guess it would be OK.
    I ordered Mine from "orcid" On saturday and got it on Tues.

4. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    [​IMG]

personally I would get one that has no Styrofoam, and make sure you can get replacement parts easily. most incubators don't break down often, but when they do its always on Friday at 11 pm on a holiday weekend.

5. 330-Trapper

330-Trapper Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2009
    Minnesota
    Well I don't think I'll buy that one... now back to Square one? Which Incubator?

6. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    if you have a small flock, brisnea makes some pretty good incubators. they are a little more expensive but most of their owners love them. personally I haven't had one, but am impressed by people's reaction on here about them.

if you have a larger flock, you might look at GQF sportsman type incubators. I currently have 3 of them, 2 with over 90% hatch rates. the 3rd is customized for larger eggs and I think that's why it isn't quite as good.

7. xmonster0

xmonster0 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2013
    Calhan Colorado
    i will say i have had the foam P.O.S incubators from farm innovators and hova bator.

all i can say is they are on craigslist lol

buying a nicer one

8. GAQuail

GAQuail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2012
    Bishop, Georgia
    Never had a problem with the hova-bators. I have hatched hundreds of eggs with them. Now Little Giant and Farm Innovators is a different story.

9. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    i had better luck with little giant than i did hovabator - with exception of i wish they made the plastic liners for little giants. ive hatched hundreds from both brands, and in all honesty i dont think theres a nickels worth of difference.

several people have had great luck with building a wooden box about the same size as the styrofoam incubator, and moving all the electronics across. i would do away with the solid state thermostat and use a wafer, but that again is a personal preference.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by