Janol duck hatching

Rick Krach

Hatching
May 9, 2020
Anyone had luck hatching ducks in the Janol 12 incubator? I would think that they would have specific info on ducks but I can’t find any. I only got 1 egg out of 5 to hatch at 37.5 degrees in 28 days. Suggestions for better success?

Anyone had luck hatching ducks in the Janol 12 incubator? I would think that they would have specific info on ducks but I can’t find any. I only got 1 egg out of 5 to hatch at 37.5 degrees in 28 days. Suggestions for better success?
Did you put in at least one additional calibrated thermometer? The one on top was horribly wrong on mine, and many others I know say they're wrong too. If you don't have a calibrated thermometer, you're lucky any hatched. I had mine set at 37.5 and my calibrated thermometer said it was only 94 degrees Fahrenheit. It was so off. I had to have it at 39 degrees Celsius to get it at 99.5 Fahrenheit. Once I fixed that I've had 100% hatches on ducks. The lowest I've had is 90% hatch rate.

Did you put in at least one additional calibrated thermometer? The one on top was horribly wrong on mine, and many others I know say they're wrong too. If you don't have a calibrated thermometer, you're lucky any hatched. I had mine set at 37.5 and my calibrated thermometer said it was only 94 degrees Fahrenheit. It was so off. I had to have it at 39 degrees Celsius to get it at 99.5 Fahrenheit. Once I fixed that I've had 100% hatches on ducks. The lowest I've had is 90% hatch rate.
Oh wow what a surprise. I’ll have to do that if I can find a thermometer, all being digital now days!

Oh wow what a surprise. I’ll have to do that if I can find a thermometer, all being digital now days!
I like mine from Avianweb, it seems to work well. Make sure you do the ice water calibration test though.

I watched a youtuber - White House On the Hill (I think thats right)and he sprayed his duck with a water bottle periodically. He said because mom duck does the same with water from feathers??? We had a 100% hatch once on shipped mallard eggs from ebay that hen incubated for us.

I watched a youtuber - White House On the Hill (I think thats right)and he sprayed his duck with a water bottle periodically. He said because mom duck does the same with water from feathers??? We had a 100% hatch once on shipped mallard eggs from ebay that hen incubated for us.
I’ll try that but a hen sitting wouldn’t be wetting eggs.

Back
Top Bottom