jap bantams

Japanese are extremely hard to find. I dont think there are too many breeders out there anymore. Did you try the BST section? I doubt you will find barred Japanese. I think you would be lucky to find any Japanese. There is 2 yahoo (Japanese bantam) groups you can join and that is where you will find some people breeding them and contacts.

Japanese are hard to find? I don't think so, they're in the ABA's top 10 most popular bantam list.

My advice would be to check the BST section and search google too.

Last edited:
When I was still a little girl, we always had some Japanese Bantams(Chabo) with some bunny at my Elementary School in Japan. We used to go to School to take care of them during the Summer Vacation too. Now I heard they don't have them at Schoo anymorel because people are so worry about bird flu from the wild birds. It's been really a big thing in Japan for couple years. I know it's just sad. Anyway, I think I saw some people from BYC have them. I hope you can find a good breeder in Ga. Noriko.

Quote:
That depends on what you want. You can buy pet Chabos almost anywhere, but they are not to the standard of Perfection by far.

noriko they do make the sweetest pets. That is too bad about the bird flu being in your area and not tbeing able to keep them at school anymore.

Quote:
That depends on what you want. You can buy pet Chabos almost anywhere, but they are not to the standard of Perfection by far.

noriko they do make the sweetest pets. That is too bad about the bird flu being in your area and not tbeing able to keep them at school anymore.

I see tons of Japanese at shows. Almost half of my 4-H club raises them. I don't really think they're rare...

From what I've seen, different breeds are more, or less, popular in different areas. On a different thread there were postings about the rarity of white faced black spanish--I see them all the time. Silkies are very popular, but hard to find in certain parts of the country. I see lots of japanese here. And I see almost no araucanas and only a few ameraucanas.

Yes well I didnt want to start an argument thats for sure. Around this area they are very rare. And a japanese bantam online club I belong to also talks about how hard they are to find. So that is what my experience is. Everybody has different experiences. I hope the OP gets some.

Back
Top Bottom