Japanese bantam is lethargic...HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by outback hatcher, Jul 22, 2010.

1. outback hatcher

outback hatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

We only had 1 to hatch, we have had to keep it with the reg chicks, they tower over the poor thing. Anyway, last night we looked at him and he was fine. This morning he was sprawled out in the box barely peeping. I removed all the other chicks because they were just trampling the poor thing. I put a light on him. I have no idea what might be wrong, or what I should do. HELP!!!

2. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

With the other chicks being sooo much bigger, it's possible that he's not getting his fair share of food and water... it probably is best if you keep him by himself until he gets a bit bigger and can hold his own. Having had Japanese Bantams, it is my experience that if you give him a good start, he will be able to hold his own later despite his small stature. [​IMG]

3. outback hatcher

outback hatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

mmaddie's mom :

With the other chicks being sooo much bigger, it's possible that he's not getting his fair share of food and water... it probably is best if you keep him by himself until he gets a bit bigger and can hold his own. Having had Japanese Bantams, it is my experience that if you give him a good start, he will be able to hold his own later despite his small stature. [​IMG]

He will not eat or drink, he just lies there. What can i do to save him?​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by