Japanese chick acting very abnormal.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Justino, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    i dont think my japanese 2day old baby from the mail is gonna make it.... shes not doing anything but sleeping and she wont open her eyes for more than like 3seconds...and to top it off shes not eating or drinking or snuggling with the other chicks [​IMG] Is there anything i can do for her or am i just gonna have to wait and hope for the best?

[​IMG] thanks *sniff*

2. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    I hope the little chick is doing ok. Have you tried putting drops of water on her beak?

3. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Do you have some vitamins in the water? Or maybe sugar water. Just a couple drops as they aspirate easily.

4. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:i dont have any vitamins in the water cause it wont drink it [​IMG]

so if i put drops on its beak it will help? how so?

thanks [​IMG] i sure hope she gets better....poor thing....

5. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Just try to stick its beak in the water to drink.
    Has that chick eaten or drank at all today?

6. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:not that we have seen.... and we did put its beak in the water again and it didnt do nothin,.....

7. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I had the same thing happen to the JB that I ordered from ideal. Lost 6 of 8 within hours that I recieved them and they died fairly quick. Even recieved a replacement order and one was dead upon delivery and two more followed. I have been told that they are just very delicate and don't do well if they happen to get chilled. As a result of this I know have 24 packing peanuts that came with them.

8. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    You could try putting a drop of water in its mouth with an eyedropper. Trouble is, they aspirate so easily. But it's gonna die anyway without some intake pretty soon....

9. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    we'll see how she is tommorow..... i fear ill wake up to a dead baby in the brooder....

10. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    Hey Justino-

I know how horrible it is to have that feeling of fear when you wake up. Try giving her water in a syringe. I hope she gets better and good luck!![​IMG]

-Cass

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by