Japanese OR Serama Bantams?

jak2002003

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 24, 2009
Thailand
I always thought my chickens were Japanese Bantams, but a when a friend (who is a chicken expert) visited, he told me they are Serama!!!!! What do you think?

I've only had one japanese bantam, a black tailed buff rooster. He looked alot like your first boy, except he was a nice even buff, without the dark brown your guy has. Anyhoo- my roo had short, stumpy little legs. His legs were so short his wing tips touched the ground (like your black tailed white in the middle pic). I don't think seremas have the short legs, but I could be wrong as I've never had them. It looks like some of your birds are short-legged, and some are not. So maybe you have japanese and seremas. Or maybe some of them are mixed? They're very beautiful, no matter what they are!

Thank you for you reply. Most have short legs, but some have longish legs (but that is normal for Japanese that are not show quality).

I do have one that has normal sized legs and he looks odd compared to the rest! I think they are mixed breed, and 2 even have some fluffy feathers on the top of their legs - something that neither Japanese or Serama Bantams have

I love them anyway!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom