japanese quail and hatching

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ggarden, Feb 21, 2017.

1. ggarden

ggarden Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2017
    I have 12 japanese quail eggs in the incubator and tonight its day 16, but there is still no signs of pipping,

tried candling on day 6 and couldn't really see much apart from veins

is this normal? Thanks

2. Tiaan

Tiaan Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    South Africa Lydenburg
    Hi. What is your temperature and humidity levels.. it can take anywhere from 14 days up to 21days depending on the temperature.. was there any sudden change in the incubator with temperature? What kind of incubator are you using

3. Tiaan

Tiaan Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    South Africa Lydenburg
    Hi. What is your temperature and humidity levels.. it can take anywhere from 14 days up to 21days depending on the temperature.. was there any sudden change in the incubator with temperature? What kind of incubator are you using

4. ggarden

Feb 2, 2017
    Hi

It is around 37.8 i have bumped humidity to 65% its a chinese noname temperatures been around 37.2 and 37.8 most days

Thanks

5. Tiaan

Tiaan Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    South Africa Lydenburg
    That sounds fine.. just give it more time. Patience is the key. If you reach day 21 then you know it did not work.. when you placed the eggs in the incubator did you wait 24 hours before you started counting the days because i learned that day 1 is actually 0 and day 2 is when day one actually begins

6. ggarden

Feb 2, 2017
    yes i counted the first day as 0, some of the eggs feel heavier than others to

7. Tiaan

Tiaan Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    South Africa Lydenburg
    just give it some time if you are lucky they will start popping very soon. If seen with my quails i reached day 17 with nothing happening then on day 18 and 19 they poped like popcorn[​IMG] be patient and please keep us updated if they hatch or not... good luck[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  8. ggarden

Feb 2, 2017
    thank you and I will keep everyone updated, our daughters are dying to see them hatch :)

9. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada

Good luck :D!!!

10. ggarden

Feb 2, 2017
    Still no signs if hatching and humidity dropped to 63% should I leave it or top it up?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by