1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Japanese Quail

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WCFTCOE?, Jul 17, 2011.

1. WCFTCOE?

WCFTCOE? New Egg

Jul 17, 2011
    I am looking for a few Japanese quail. Any out there?

2. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    [​IMG] I'm just lurking. I had a trio of them growing up in Japan, and would love to hatch some out. They were great. They were so tame, they let me play with them all the time, even put up with me sticking them in the rooms of my doll house. [​IMG]

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Many of us have them. They are Coturnix japonica/Japanese Quail... Same thing

4. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    WCFTCOE? :

I am looking for a few Japanese quail. Any out there?

would help if we knew what part of the country you are in, and how many you looking for, you looking to hatch your own, or buy adults, or chicks.

can always check craigslist as well, thats where i got my first 5​

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Are you looking for adult birds or hatching eggs? I don't have any adult birds available at this time (it's really too hot to ship them anyway), but I can send 12+ eggs for $10 including shipping. I have all mine together right now: cinnamons, browns, goldens, tuxedos, rosettas, and whites. Some of mine are supposed to be jumbos but they aren't that big.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by