Java Green Maticus / White Peachick just hatched

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by sseabass, Aug 25, 2016.

1. sseabass

sseabass Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2016
    Fishtail, Montana
    I just hatched out a Java Green Maticus crossed with a White peafowl. I don't know anything about which was hen or cock or if either were also crosses. I was actually trying to get a couple of White eggs and misinterpreted his description.
    I am very new at this. She/he is 6 days old now and very healthy. Has a few white wing feather on one side and just a touch on other. Is this a Spalding?
    Also, after reading a little about Java Greens, I am wondering if this really is one. I pirchas d eggs on ebay! Now I have found BYC and will only get eggs from referred sellers here.
    seabass

2. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Pure Muticus X white Cristatus = spalding 50% split white .It's the good way to get ... one day White spalding ... not spalding white eyes !
    Spalding white eyes is a totally other genetic you must use !

Here is a spalding VERY high percentage white eyes (15/16 green) from Rocking B-A-B Ranch.

[​IMG]

For my he is more than white eyes ! white feather on the corner of the wing ( split white or pied ) and white patch on the neck .

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. sseabass

Jun 28, 2016
    Fishtail, Montana
    Thanks Dany, I don't know what is meant by ,,'White Eyes'
    I wish there was a site with some of the different colors and photos of them as babies and mature?
    I also am very worried. My Peachick who hatched last week is doing great. I have been crossing my fingers for the hatching of my last egg from another batch of 4 to hatch. The other 3 never started developing. Very sad. Tonight when I candled I dint see any movement. There was movement 2 days ago. It also looks very strange in ther?
    Oh well, I'm so new at this that I don't really know what I am seeing. Hopefully it is me being ignorant. :fl

4. sseabass

Jun 28, 2016
    Fishtail, Montana
    Oh.... I just noticed the White Eyes :weee:rolleyes:
    It is the Eye of the feather! I kept looking at their faces :woot

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope your baby continues to do well.

6. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

@new 2 pfowl has a link to just such a site for you! She will be along shortly.

7. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
  8. sseabass

Jun 28, 2016
    Fishtail, Montana
    Thanks for the photos. They are great but what I really need is what color the different little ones are?
    Is there anything that shows the different colors as chicks and then as adults?
    Thanks,
    seabass

9. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    Sseabass,
    Did you happen to buy the eggs from ebay?

Gerald Barker

10. sseabass

Jun 28, 2016
    Fishtail, Montana
    Hi Gerald.
    Yes, I did. Only 1 hatched. He/she is doing great except that I lost my last 2 eggs from a different batch that I was hoping would be her mates to grow up with.
    Today I drilled a hole in the air cell because I wasn't able to see any movement for 2-3 days and knew something was wrong. It looked like her head was stuck under a leg and it couldn't pip through the shell. Very sad.
    She was a White and now that leaves my other chick the last and only one. Now she is called Lonesome :rolleyes:
    I am writing on my iPad and it says something about the 'text editor' that I think BYC uses. Are my texts coming out ok?
    Lonesome now only has 3 Guinea keets to grow up with. I am not sure how that is going to work?? They came with the Peachick eggs. I've never had them before. They remind me of a bunch of mice running around. I put them together today. Lonesome doesn't seem thrilled with the situation but so far everyone seems to be getting along ok.
    Any, here I am with a lone Peachick and 3 keets. I think it more doubtful than not that I will be able to find any more viable Peachick eggs at this late date?
    Carol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by