Java Green Trying To Shake A Tail Feather

AndysPeafowlSanctuary

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 14, 2010
Thibodaux Search Facebook
My Java Green Peacock Trying To Shake A Tail Feather. He's Very Camera Shy..
tongue.png

He is just soo pretty! I love how tall he is! Do you nottice a difference in his behavior compared to the India Blues? Lots of people say they are very different like more flighty and more spooked by things, have you notticed this? I hope you can get him a peahen when he gets older so you can have pretty Java chicks!
smile.png

So there is a BIG difference between him and the india blue species. He's A giant sketchy mess! Usually if i walk near his pen he gets spooked out really quick. My favorite thing about him would be the noise he makes. Usually he doesn't say much of anything and he doesn't honk at all. He does a loud cluck sound sorta like a chicken and then he does this cooing noise which is really amazing. I found a lady nearby who has java's but she doesn't have any hens for sale. He won't be old enough for breeding intill 2012 so i have a while to find him a mate. He's been doing his little dance for a while already but I can't seem to get close enough to the pen without him freaking out and running. I can't wait intill breeding season so I can FINALLY hear his mating call. Not once have I heard the mating call of a java in person or online for the matter. The anticipation is killing me! Anyone have any videos or sound clips of calls from the green species please post them. I'll try to get more videos of him doing his dance. Thanks for watching Andy:D

Yeah I always wondered what a green peacock mating call sounds like. So did you get him as a yearling? I love the looks of green peafowl but if I ever were to get some I would want them not very spooky so I guess if you raised them from chicks it wouldn't be so bad. So how many varieties are you going for? I am not sure how many would be my ideal, I just know I want more than what I have!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom