1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Jax is happy - Kane is sad

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Aug 21, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When our two german shepherds, Kane and Jax, were younger we kept them apart quite a bit for training.
    Now that they are a bit older we don't seperate them at all and they are the best of friends.
    My SD and the 4 year old GS have moved in with us and will probably be here for at least a few months.
    Jax is ecstatic. He adores the GS and they play together non-stop from early morning until late at night. Heaven help the person that tried to hurt the child with Jax around.
    Kane is visibly depressed. He likes the little "being" okay, but he's not interested in playing with him all that much. Kane misses Jax and their play together.
    I feel so bad for Kane. Other than giving him extra attention I'm not sure there's anything I can do for him. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    That's like elementary school, when your best friend starts playing with the new kid, and you don't know how to play with three, when it was always just two. But...he'll figure it out. think of it this way, now is the time for you two to bond without Jax saying,"No, Do it this way." Big brothers can be more influential than the younger sibling deserves anyway. it'll all work out...by the time the step family moves into their own place. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Ooh poor Kane! He lost his play buddy...

4. harleyhappy

harleyhappy In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    my dog loves it when i growl gently and bite his ears, and course BELLYRUBS!!!

5. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Poor baby boy. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Kane is a very vocal dog. He talks alot, but rarely barks.
    When he's playing with Jax and Jax decides to go play with the little being instead, Kane goes to his spot in the kitchen, plops down and goes pffffft! [​IMG]

7. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Dogs can be so dramatic! [​IMG]

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Brindle, you simply MUST find a GSD smiley. Make it a big one. [​IMG]

9. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    I always look for dog smilies! For some reason there are lots of horses and cats, but very few dogs. Go figure. [​IMG]

10. VioletBlueIvy

VioletBlueIvy Songster

Jan 29, 2010
    that is rely sad [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by