Jazz took a bath- By himself!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenPeep, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Some of you may know that I have a little Silver Duckwing OEGB named Jazz. Well, heres yet another story of him that happened today.
    Enjoy!

Today, Jazz got some time outside. When I brought him in, his feet were filthy. So, I decided to wash them off in the bathtub.

I filled the bath with warm water. I expected Jazz to want to get out imerdiatley, so I was prepared for him to try to escape.

I set Jazz in the nice warm water. But, he didn't try to get out. I waited a few seconds for him to realize he was in the water.But, he didn't try to get out, he sat down! Then, he did something I never expected to see.

He layed down on his side and puffed his neck! He looked like he was in heaven! I ran to get my camera and when I caem back, he had his eyes closed! He was oviously loving it. I took pictures and got my mom to see him. He was eating it up!
    Here's Jazz in the warm bath. You can't really tell that theres water in there, but there is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After about 10 minutes of napping on and off in the bath, Jazz got up. I realized that he was done.
    But no! Jazz layed down on the other side!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before he was done, I had to leave for volleyball practice. So I dont know how long his luxury was.
    But, I can tell you for sure: When I came back, I found a very happy, amazingly clean and beautiful Jazz!

Does anyone's chickens do this? Is this characteristic of chickens?

I hope you enjoyed!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

He sure looks as though he's lovin' it!! Very cute pics! Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    You left for volley ball practice before giving him his well deserved massage? I hoped he pecked your toenail for that.

He's an awfully nice guy! I think you need to give him to me.

4. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    This is utterly adorable!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Adorable Photos!

6. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    CUTE! I have read about about hens falling asleep in a warm bath.

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    No no. Jazz will not be leaving this house! [​IMG]

8. brambleberries

brambleberries Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2012
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I read this like five times. It's SO ADORABLE. I want to go get one of my little roosters and see if they do they same thing now :):)

9. bantyshanty

bantyshanty Oval Office Courier

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    Pretty cute! What an adorable & mellow little roo! He must have really trusted you to do this.
    I've only bathed a chicken once who liked it. She was an Ameraucana, and she did a similar thing. It really mellowed her out after a hard day --just like me ! :)

10. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Adorable! I remember I gave one of my hens a bath because she stunk! She liked it very much and just let me wash her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by