1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Jbchicmich-- mille's

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jb2miller, Jan 5, 2014.

1. jb2miller

jb2miller Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG]. What kind of Mille fleur d'uccle's are these ? they are a pair..

2. jb2miller

Dec 28, 2013
    [​IMG]. Rooster approx,1 1/2 years.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    duccles are bantams, other than that I'm not sure by what you mean "what kind of mille fleur duccle are these"

4. shmccarthy

shmccarthy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    The d'uccle is the breed of bantam and "Millie fleur" is one of the colors that the d'uccle come in.

5. jb2miller

Dec 28, 2013
    new to this. Do you know if variety is a factor in 4-H qualifying .here is my other rooster.

6. jb2miller

Dec 28, 2013
    [​IMG] this one has more black color blacker beak and gray colored feet where the other pair have light feet and beaks .

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    You had a thread yesterday, where i tried to explain much of this, so I don't understand why you started another with a very similar if not the same question. Only certain varieties can be shown and have the chance to get champion, those would be allthe accepted varities. The unaccepted varieties can only win up to Best of breed. But when you show in 4-h, they don't really have those rankings. (best of breed). Each one does it differently. They pretty much let you show whatever you want (if you want to an open show quite a bit would be different). But you also can't just get a bunch of mixed colored birds, call them whatever, and show them as an unaccpepted color either. If you would go to the thread I gave you yesterday, they could help you understand whatever you are trying to figure out. Multiple people on that thread show their d'uccles.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  8. jb2miller

Dec 28, 2013
    Thank you.. Didn't 't realize started new thread. New to this but I. Think I understand now..mine are booted bantams and hers are Mille fleur , that's all. I wanted to figure out. Different varieties /colors

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Who are you referring to as her? All the chickens posted on this page are d'uccles. D'uccle are a type of booted bantam. Mille Fleur is not a breed it is a variety (color).

10. jb2miller

Dec 28, 2013
    Her is a person that owned the pair of Mille fleur 's that I swapped with my two males booted bantams.. The color thing is complicated unless you are a breeder, and know who and what variety the parents are. She and her kids are in 4-H so I didn't 't want to mess up her breed of Mille fleur 's..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by