Jealous girl!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Dec 12, 2011.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Haha, I know some of you do this as well. [​IMG]

I have a pen that I move around the yard in the daytime, and today I decided to go out and sit down and just talk to them/take pictures/pet them. So I go out and sit on the ground when my partially Buff Orpington, blind chicken Penny comes running over to me, (They are still going through the pecking order because we got a new hen a month ago so often she'll run over to me for protection!) and immediately buroughs her head into my fleece sweatshirt. So as i'm stroking her back and talking sweet to her, when my other hen, a barred rock named Gloria, see's Penny getting all the attention! This got Gloria very jealous, so she ran over and first looked at me with that Gloria look (you might of seen her in other pictures giving me "The Gloria eye"
    !) and she went, "BA BUH!" and started to borough under Penny making strange clicking noises. So I started petting her as well, and tried to snap some pictures, but it was kinda hard! Next she pushed Penny out of the way and sat on my lap and looked at me again with that "Gloria eye" and again said "BUUURRR!!?" So as soon as I started to pet her, Penny came rumbling over again, boroughing her *sharp* beak into my stomach. This process went on for several minutes until they both deserted me to go eat/dig up the dirt.

[​IMG] Quite a strange flock I have, I know.
    Here are some blurry pics I got... hard to see but....
    "Oh no, here comes Gloria! Watch out Penny!"
    [​IMG]
    "What! I want the attention! GIVE. ME. ATTENTION. NOW!"
    [​IMG]
    "Get your big but out of here Penny!!!"
    [​IMG]
    "Get outta here Penny! This is MY Fud Lady!"
    [​IMG]
    "C'mon Fud lady, we want some patting and massages PRONTO!"
    [​IMG]
    "I'm here Fud Lady! C'mon, me want attention now!"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    What funny lap chickens.
    Even though the pics didn't show up, I can imagine it all. I just saw a pic of Gloria on another thread, and I just loved that look.

BTW in the chicken superstar thread I mentioned your Penny, and now Gloria is reaching that status in my eyes, too.

3. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    scratch'n'peck :

What funny lap chickens.
    Even though the pics didn't show up, I can imagine it all. I just saw a pic of Gloria on another thread, and I just loved that look.

BTW in the chicken superstar thread I mentioned your Penny, and now Gloria is reaching that status in my eyes, too.

I just re edited the pics, see if you can see them now. [​IMG]
    Aw thanks for much for mentioning my Penny! Penny is about the sweetest chicken, and Gloria is trying to become just like her, becoming mroe affectionate, more lovable. Though Gloria is not as photogenic as penny or as tolerable.​

4. Gloria is my hero......... [​IMG]

5. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:Haha! She's a card!
    "What are YOU looking at PUNK?!"
    [​IMG]

6. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Too funny! That look may be Gloria's way of saying, "You better not forget I am a lovable chicken, dangnabit."

7. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    scratch'n'peck :

Too funny! That look may be Gloria's way of saying, "You better not forget I am a lovable chicken, dangnabit."

[​IMG]
    I'm worried for my safety when I tell her she doesn't have her own seperate stocking for christmas this year....​

8. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Looks like they're trying to be Derperella by calling you fud lady [​IMG]

9. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:[​IMG] I stole that line from Derp... I just love it! But they did look like they meant it, haha!

10. cochunk

cochunk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    I like Gloria's stare. hahaha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by