Jeez...I think my chickens are early bloomers!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Duchessk75, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Duchessk75

Duchessk75 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    1.9 Acres Ohio
    So, the plan for the weekend was to put the finishing touches on the nest boxes for the coop. My 23 BR pullets will be turning 18 weeks old on Monday. Here we are thinking we have PLENTY of time until the girls start laying......Yeah right, like the girls actually stuck to the "normal" egg laying age....

Yesterday, at 5:30, my husband texts me in an absolute panic....he went to check on the girls cause there was alot of noise coming from the coop....and look what he found

[​IMG]

THEY WERE SINGING THE EGG SONG!! [​IMG]

So, we were up until 11 last night finishing the nest boxes! This morning when I checked on them, sure enough there was another egg in one of the new nest boxes!!

2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    OMG congrats on eggs. you must be so proud. my plan for this week end was to build nest boxes for our 16 week olds . This is a wakeup call for us . HAPPY 4TH

3. Duchessk75

Duchessk75 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    1.9 Acres Ohio
    Thanks! I had to call everyone I know. You would think I laid the egg myself LOL

4. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    LOL I think I will to & Im A roo!!!

5. poodlepill

poodlepill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    Its going to happen to me, my girls are 18 weeks old today and I keep thinking, "I need to get the coop in order and get the nesting boxes filled with nest materiel" I already heard a ruckus a few days ago as I approached the coop that morning, I was prepared to see a predator in there with all the bokbokbok-ing going on but it was nothing but stares at me when I opened the door.

TODAY get the nesting boxes done

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by