Jelousy rising, could be pregnancy hormones :-S

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by McCord6, Sep 11, 2009.

1. I see everyone talking about hearing their eggs and chicks peeping. No matter how hard I try, I cannot hear ANYTHING.[​IMG]

Well, Im deaf, LOL. NO, Im usually not jelouse easily over things like that, like i said, could be pregnancy hormones since Im 24 weeks along. [​IMG] But how much I WISH I could hear them peep! [​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

[​IMG]

3. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    its ok, be calm...take a deep breath...do you know how long Ive waited for mine to start up!!!! I left town on day 18...came back day 19th..and I swear I could hear pips...DH said nope...its you...sigh...ok...that was 7pm...at 830pm SURE ENOUGH!!! I knew ...."I"...was right [​IMG] this is now late night

so my very first one hatched...at 220pm THE NEXT DAY....my 2nd one hatched almost 730pm that night...!!! so you see...its along wait....

4. LOL, the thing isn't being impatient to hear them. I will NEVER hear them [​IMG] I am profoundly deaf. Hearing aids help me hear some stuff but nothing as low as a chick peeping. [​IMG]

oh well [​IMG]

5. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Just think how jealous we all are...Your hearing is bad enough you wont hear the REALLY obnoxious whining the kids will be doing for the next 8 years or so.

Besides, once you hear them peeping, you think you always hear a peep--in the car, at work, when you are sleeping...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    but can you see the eggs wiggle and rocking and rolling? That's the best part for me. The little tweets are cute, but I love to see them wiggle.

7. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    yup!!! you look down, not a moment, dead still...you look away, hear something...look down....still nothing...you look away...loud noise, you run to bator...nothing, still...then you barely turn and stand FOREVER looking at the bator side ways..and just when your tired of standing there hmmm 30-45mins...[​IMG] and you say Im walking away...you SEE IT!!!! and then your excited so YOU STAND ANOTHER 45MINS ...to see it AGAIN...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Quote:Not yet, they aren't that far along yet. I thought would be up to 10 days old but Im not sure. I did some candling today and took pictures. As soon as my friend gets home, Im going to ask her to transfer from cam to USB to hook up to my computer to show them off, and see if anyone can make a guess. Im thinking 5 days hold now but not sure. If counting the time they been in the incubator, it'll be 5 days. The day they been laid, it woud be 11 days.

9. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    You start the 21 day count after you put them in the incubator, if you put them in that morning that counts as day 1, If you put them in later then count the following day as day 1. You won't see a pip or hear a peep until day 19-21 and once those babies are out you will be wishing they would stop peeping LOL. Hang in there

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

You count from the days you have set them in the incubator. The eggs are "on hold" when not heated up to the right temps. Plus, it will be a while before you hear peeping, at 5 days, vocal cords are a ways to be developed. You won't hear any peeping until they internally pip, which is usually day 19-20 or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by