Jenny from Philadelphia suburbs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jmcoburn, Dec 29, 2016.

1. jmcoburn

jmcoburn Just Hatched

Dec 29, 2016
    Glenmoore, PA
    Hey everyone, I'm new here and somewhat new to chickens. I rescued a crossbeak bantam rooster 2 months ago and decided to take the plunge into getting chickens. I've always wanted to and not sure why I hadn't before rescuing my little guy. Anyway, I got two hens for him and a little cooP and now I have chickens. I am an hour west of Philadelphia in the rural suburbs :)

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under jmcoburn [​IMG] Welcome!

I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You might want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

Best wishes to you and your new feathered family!

3. jmcoburn

jmcoburn Just Hatched

Dec 29, 2016
    Glenmoore, PA
    Thanks, I will check it out!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jenny, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best wishes to you and your flock!! [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, Jenny and welcome to BYC. Not sure how old your cock bird is, but a few more ladies would make them all a lot happier (plus, its a perfect excuse to get more chickens [​IMG])

Best wishes
    CT

6. jmcoburn

jmcoburn Just Hatched

Dec 29, 2016
    Glenmoore, PA
    I'm not sure how old he is either but I think he is under a year old. He is a silver seabright bantam with a funny little crossbeak and an awkward crow. I love him

7. jmcoburn

jmcoburn Just Hatched

Dec 29, 2016
    Glenmoore, PA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    He's a handsome little fella - love his idea of a "perch" [​IMG]

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    He is a doll Jenny. I think he has no problem breeding larger hens - most banties can work around anything. There is a support group for cross beak caregivers. If you put some version of that in the search box more info should pop up.

10. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Jenny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by