Jenny goes to church.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickengal505, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Well, my friend (the pastor's wife) asked me if it was at all possible for me to bring a chicken to their VBS for the kids to play with. I said shure why not, so I set about choosing the right hen. I went through... Buffy the (broody) vampire slayer, Jenny, Lucas, Lilly, Lola, Loretta, pip, squeek, bear and Jhonny. Jenny and Buffy are the only "grown ups" and Buffy's got an attidude, so Jenny it is. I'm about to go get her harness on and bathe her. (yes, my chickens are harness trained) So, she'll be the life of the party tomorrow [​IMG] wish us luck [​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Good luck! [​IMG] What does her harness look like? Could you post a pic? Did you make it yourself?

3. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Good luck! [​IMG] What does her harness look like? Could you post a pic? Did you make it yourself?

Its just a dog harness...

[​IMG] This isn't mine, mines blue, but you just put their wings through the leg holes. it takes awhile for them to get used to though.​

4. ganesha09

ganesha09 Loves chicken feet!

Sep 18, 2010
    southern Illinois
    How much fun! The kids will love her! You should take some pics of her during her gig and post them. Good Luck! [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    505, let us know how Jenny does.

6. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Well of course, after her bath, Jenny tried to trick the foolish human into letting her stay home by pretening to be sick. But as the human knows, Jenny is NEVER too sick to eat sliced cheese and a crunch bar [​IMG]

7. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Wow, what age did you start them with the harness? What a cool idea!! Good luck [​IMG]

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
  9. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Welcome, To the other poster, I started when they where about six months old. For the first few days they wear it 24/7 and after that they just wear it when we go out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by