Jens 1st Chicken run and coop...... (updated pics.on pg. 3,4)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jen4, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    We've been working on our 1st chicken run... then moving on to the coop. The run is going to be 20x40 and the coop is going to be 8x12. At this time we are using chicken wire and later down the road when we get the money will go around it with the hardware cloth and put some sort of netting on the top. The coop will be predator poof and the chickens will be locked in at night...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Our chicks outside for the 1st time and ♥ing it.

[​IMG] TO BE CONTINUED...............

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    how old are your chicks. i see there outside must be warm in kentucky. i just got my chicks friday so i might be able to let them outside in another month im in maine its still cold here 40s and low 50s

3. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    Wow thats a great start! I love all the green ness... And cute lil peepers :}

4. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    blueseal - Tomorrow they will be a 2 weeks old. It was very sunny and warm last Sat. so we took them out.... right now its cold and windy. Need that warm weather back.

jonesgirl - Thanks [​IMG]

5. NakedNeck

NakedNeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    That is a great start! It seems like it is going to be a nice coop! Cute chicks too! [​IMG]

6. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Thanks Neckedneck

7. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Your babies will love all that space to run around. They are sooo adorable!

8. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    Quote:I'll say.. I was enjoying the warm weather, getting tons done outside... Brrrr... Still too cold now.

The run looks great, very good job!

9. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Thanks Guys [​IMG]

I know as soon as we get the coop built my babies will have to go out! They are getting big fast and pretty soon out grow their container inside.

Yes I am really missing the warm weather... it was soooo nice last weekend. We spent the entire weekend outside working. Dh is still outside working, but not me... too cold. Our daughter has her 1st soccer practice tonight and we are going to freeze our butts off [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    mrsgibber - I like your BYC page. Coop and run look nice. Your chickens are pretty too [​IMG] Such a nice husband to make your dream a reality... mine did too. Took me about a year to talk him into it..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by