Jerry Lewis's MDA Telethon

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Emzyyy, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Anyone watching it today? Please please consider donating Ive lost 2 great uncles, 1 uncle, and now my 12 year old cousin has it, he's just been put in a wheel chair. I might be a carrier so I have to be tested for it if so I have to adopt when I get older. Jeremy my cousin loves the camp he visits every summer, he loves meeting people he can actually relate too. I don't care if you just donate a dollar everything helps. Thankyou.

-Emily

2. Michigan Chickman

Michigan Chickman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    I produced our local MDA telethon segments for 10 years working very closely with the organization and I agree, every dollar counts! All you have to do is spend a day at an MDA summer camp and you'll fall in love with these kids and their families.

It really made me stop appreciate how lucky my family is!

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Yes my mother and aunt used to help out when they we're younger. Lol, my mom took a friend of theirs when they we're younger and they were cleaning up and the man w/ the microphone asked her "What type of callers don't we want?" her answer was "Perverts." She just slipped on live tv. [​IMG]
    We always watch it though.

4. AtHomeDaddy

AtHomeDaddy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My wife and I met while we were volunteering at an MDA summer camp.

Donated $ pays for all expenses related to camp for the kids and the volunteer staff. We worked at camp for about 5 years, and I ended up with a wife out of the deal.

So I too say it is money well spent!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by