Jersey Black Giant Breeders

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Master S.M.C, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Does anyone know of someone who breeds decent Jersey Giants? Or has anyone had any experience with Cinda's Blue Jersey Giants in Marianna, Arkansas.

2. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    We like ours!

3. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    They are wonderful and HUGE !!!!!!! We have the blacks and whites. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    Well do you sell chicks or hatching eggs? I too am looking for some good Blue or Black New Jersey Giants too.

I would almost prefer to buy a started Blue and Black Roo or trade, I actually have some good looking Black Cockerels.

5. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    What lines are your Giants from?

6. pipermark

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    I purchased mine at Sandhill Preservation. Here is what they say
    Our birds are from Mrs. Golda Miller's flock. She did such a super job over the years keeping their size up and their beauty.

However, I have one Cockerel that has gold laced hackles and all of my Blues have brown in their feathering.

I will say this , other than the one Black, the others do have nice size and have the green black shine to their feathers.​

7. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I have blacks, and I absolutely love them. They're hatchery, and only about seven or eight months old, but they're already massive, with the green tint in their feathering.

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I know someone with SQ black JG pullets just starting to lay last week. I have a half dozen in the bator for a friend, and two were not fertile after candling them just last night. I would wait a few more weeks or months before getting them from her, but her birds came from one of the top show breeders in the area. I was there when he dropped them off so I know for SURE where they came from. They are big. All black.

9. pipermark

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    [​IMG][/img]

You can not see them well but these are about 6 months old from Sandhill

10. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Mount Healthy hatcheries has a larger strain than Meyer Hatchery. I buy alot from Meyer; but would not try giants from them again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by