Jersey Giant breeder in AR/OK

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hooligan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I was wondering if there are any JG breeders close to me. I am in AR close to the OK stateline.

2. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    bump

3. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    I don't know that much....finding out less and less...about breeds of chickens...but are they called jersey giants because of their size? Is the name Jersey from the state? Just curious.
    Thanks.[​IMG]

4. wyldehorses

wyldehorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Kentucky
    I'll have some in the spring. Don't know how far you want to drive. Or I could ship eggs. I have blue, black, splash. I just hatched a couple of eggs to test fertility. But with this weird weather I'm afraid to ship any eggs.

Yolonda

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hooligan, I PMed you. I wouldn't mind ordering one for you and meeting you somewhere; depending how far.

6. EggCentric

EggCentric Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Ball Ground, Ga
    There's a place called "Cinda's Blue Jersey Giants" and she is in Arkansas. I got my JG's from her. Just do a google search and she'll come up, she has chicks, eggs, and started pullets. She has all the different colors, not just Blues.

7. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I checked on Cinda's but she is over 4 hrs from me so that is a bit out of the question with gas prices!

Wyldehorses, where are you? I would want one that has been sexed and is a pullet. How are you at sexing? [​IMG]

I will PM you back gritsar [​IMG]

Parsonswife, here's some info on Jersey Giants:
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/BJG/BRKBJGs.html

8. wyldehorses

wyldehorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Kentucky
    I'm close to Louisville. That's probably too far to drive with gas prices. I am no expert on sexing either. I've hatched out a few babies already. It'll be a while before I can tell. They mature so slow. I've got some that are just over a year old and they keep on growing and filling out. It's a good thing they're gentle. I have't had a mean one yet. I even wintered them with my little bantams, and they were never agressive with the little guys. Sometimes they forgot to watch where they were walking and stepped on one.

Yolonda

9. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    There is a guy in Douglas kansas with Black Giant show birds. I don't know where Douglas is though.
    Monty

10. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    I did a search for Douglas Kansas. It is in northern Kansas, a lot further than I think you want to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by