Jersey Giant Crossbreeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Pumpkin King, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Pumpkin King

Pumpkin King Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    I wanted to show some of our Jersey Giant Crossbreeds with Araucanas, these birds have been laying huge blue-olive green eggs, and a lot of them!! Very calm chickens, they have laid all winter:
    [​IMG]

Picture of early flock that resulted in the one above.
    [​IMG]

If you'd like to see more pictures search for goldenhulseyfarms, we're on e bay sometimes.

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Top picture:
    Pretty rooster.

3. Pumpkin King

Apr 2, 2012
    These crossbreeds are turning out great...Great Layers of Big Olive to Blue Eggs, we're crossing one hen now to a big lavender JG rooster, seeing if 1/4 araucana will still maintain the egg color...very interesting, Just google Golden Hulsey Farms for more info, or if you want to try some of them, we're normally on ebay. Thank You!!

4. Pumpkin King

Apr 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. Pumpkin King

Apr 2, 2012
    Eggs are still getting bigger!!

[​IMG]

6. ChickenChatten

ChickenChatten Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    I'm very happy you posted this! I have Jersey Giants, and while I don't have pure Araucanas, I do have some Esster Eggers and while I may not, I'd love to breed them sometime, and while I'm glad to see how they turn out! Thank you!

7. Pumpkin King

Apr 2, 2012
    Oh...You will love them, Best natured chickens my wife and I have ever had!! Plus they lay all winter, big, big... Green Eggs!! [​IMG]

8. ChickenChatten

ChickenChatten Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    They sound great! Now I just need my chickens to grow up and then convince my family to breed them... :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by