Jersey giant & gold comet pullets for sale or trade (western NC)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Jun 11, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I thought I had posted this not long ago, but I can't find it.

5 black jersey giants, not yet laying, but big and healthy and should probably start laying this Summer.

5 gold comet pullets. Healthy, make great egg layers. I think they are about the same age as the giants, but I am not as familiar with this breed.

Located in western NC. 28752 if you want/need to mapquest it.

Asking $8 each

OR I will trade for good to great (not hatchery quality) silkies (any colors except white or patridge) or black, blue or splash cochin pullets or hens. Only need one roo and the rest girls on the silkies. I am pretty particular about the quality of my pretty (i.e not just for eggs) birds so would need to see pictures, etc. to make sure they are what I am looking for.

Pick up if you are buying, could possibly meet a little ways for a trade. I'm about 35 minutes from Asheville, 45m from Hickory or Lenoir, 1 hour from Statesville, 1hr15m from Waynesville, for ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Oh..I wish! I could sooo trade you!!! Too far!!

Stacy

3. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    If you don't mind me asking, where exactly do you live? I am from Rabun County, Georgia/Clayton, which is about 20-30 miles from Franklin NC. I am familiar with Cherokee, Silva, and a few other areas close to that.

4. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    McDowell Count, city of Marion.

5. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Just mapquested it. It looks like unfortunately you are on the other side of asheville. sorry. I would have liked to have had some. But thanks anyway. Sorry.

6. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Yes, I am down the mountain from Asheville. I do go to Asheville once or twice a week, but I'm an early bird and meetings rarely every work out because people don't like to meet me as early as I need to be where I'm going up there. heh Plus I'm getting ready to be working too much to go up for probably two weeks. [​IMG]

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2008
    Asheville NC
    I will be ready for about three hens in a week or two. I am building a chicken tractor for hens for the back yard.
    I am in Asheville. Will you be coming to town in a week or two? I can meet you early, no problem.
    Allen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by