1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Jersey Giant Roo....I wanna see yours!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TammyTX, May 5, 2009.

1. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Here is mine. I thought up until about three weeks ago that he was a pullet, but now, there's no mistake. He' a roo. I've decided not to eat him. "Pat" is 11.5 weeks old. You can tell how tall he is by fence...each retangle is 4" high. I don't know much about JG's but his beetle green feathers sure are pretty.

I know there are JG people out there, let me see 'em! I want to know what to expect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

What a pretty boy! I found out today I have a Black Jersey Giant female, not an Australorp like I thought. Mine is only 10 weeks.

3. TammyTX

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Thank you very much. There is something about him that I really like too.

I hope to see more photos here.

4. Give me a few days. I have ONE black and ONE grey. I love my NJG roos.

I always get the comment "wow, I did not think a chicken could get that big"

I am now looking for Saipan Jungle fowl, but I do not want the roos.

I have a red jungle fowl and I need him to be safe.

5. TammyTX

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    I just Googled the Saipan Jungle Fowl. Wow, they have unusual body types. Those loooong strong looking necks and the roos look kinda scary!

6. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I wanna see JG roo pics too! [​IMG] We have 8 JG chicks right now (6.5 weeks old) and am looking forward to seeing them full-size!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by