Jersey Giant versus Midnight Majesty Maran

Regalswan

Hatching
Sep 30, 2020
I'm not sure if Im posting in the right thread but I've searched and searched and can't get a clear answer. We are first time chicken owners. We bought 15 of all different varieties back in April from Hoovers Hatchery. The chickens have all done really well and are all laying except one buff orphington who seems to be a bit slow. Anyways we ordered two Black Jersey Giants and one Midnight Majesty Maran. We figured we'd be able to tell who was who once they started laying but we have not gotten any dark chocolate eggs. I was wondering if you all could tell which chicken is the Maran..? The hen in the first picture has different colored eyes but than the other two but I'm not sure if that's a way to determine or not. Thank you so much.
20200930_131555.jpg
20200930_131601.jpg
20200930_131644.jpg

Bodenhamer

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2020
I had a midnight majesty previously, and she had feathered legs. The Jersey's will have clean legs. Im not sure what hatchery I got my midnight majesty from though, so that could be different.

jmns

Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.
Premium Feather Member
May 5, 2020
On a rock in the Pacific
I think the first one is your Marans hybrid. They tend to inherit the orange eyes from the BCM parent. 😊

Top Bottom