Jersey Giant x BBR Phoenix

What do you mean by, “Would it have to be a Phoenix or could it be like a Sumatra or Onagadori?”

It won’t be like any of them. It will be a mixed, cross-bred mutt. It certainly will never be anything like Onagadori. And it will take you multiple generations to get back to acceptable Phoenix type and feather traits. Why would you do that instead of just breed Phoenix and select for the best traits to produce better Phoenix?
Cause it's fun :idunno

Black with possible leakage in hackle area on females and hackle and saddle areas on males.

Cool. What if I put it back to a longtail breed? Could the longtail trait carry though? Would it have to be a Phoenix or could it be like a sumatra or onodagori

What do you mean by, “Would it have to be a Phoenix or could it be like a Sumatra or Onagadori?”

It won’t be like any of them. It will be a mixed, cross-bred mutt. It certainly will never be anything like Onagadori. And it will take you multiple generations to get back to acceptable Phoenix type and feather traits. Why would you do that instead of just breed Phoenix and select for the best traits to produce better Phoenix?

I am not trying to recreate the breed, I am trying to play with genetics and make my own kind a thing

Ok, no harm in that at all. But when you ask if it’s going to be a Phoenix, Onagadori, or Sumatra it implies you’re trying to attribute it to something known rather than a different set of traits on its own. And when you ask the question in the exhibition, breeding to the SOP forum you are likely to not get many answers in the context of what you are hoping to get. Good luck with your project

Back
Top Bottom