Jersey Giants BBS Hatching eggs 12+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pride&joy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. pride&joy

pride&joy Chillin' With My Peeps

This auction is for 12 eggs or more if I have some extras at time of shipping. My flock is composed of three roos one Black, one Blue and one Splash. My hens are all black and blues. I have gathered my flock from three different BYC members. Just hatched some eggs under a broody and she hatched 9 out of 11.

[​IMG]mg]

[​IMG]img]

[​IMG]img]

2. simplyscrambled

simplyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi,

Can you mix Jersey giants with regular sized hens? I can only have 6 hens max in my backyard, and one time had a small banty that was never allowed near the food by my regular sized hens!

thx

3. pride&joy

Quote:Hello, my jerseys are just fine with other chickens. I have a lg breeding flock of 18 hens/pullets and 3 roosters and one OEB hen that on her own moved in and has been living with them for over a year with no problem?

4. danielnv

danielnv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mountains of Virginia
    Do you have any idea of the weights your Jersey Giants get to when mature?

5. pride&joy

Quote:I have to get a scale to know for sure but my splash roo was 15.6 lbs last year when I got him but my blue one is clearly lg of the two?

6. danielnv

danielnv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mountains of Virginia
    pride&joy :

Quote:I have to get a scale to know for sure but my splash roo was 15.6 lbs last year when I got him but my blue one is clearly lg of the two?

I am very tempted, but I think I had better wait for one of my hens to go broody.​

7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I will candle the eggs tonight I got from you a few weeks ago and put them in the hatcher![​IMG]
    I can't wait to see what we get!
    Thank you for sending so many and I am very tempted to get more since they came packaged so well and have been growing so good in the 'bator.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by