Jersey Giants BBS Hatching eggs 12+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pride&joy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. pride&joy

pride&joy Chillin' With My Peeps

This auction is for 12 eggs or more if I have some extras at time of shipping. My flock is composed of three roos one Black, one Blue and one Splash. My hens are all black and blues. I have gathered my flock from three different BYC members. Just hatched some eggs under a broody and she hatched 9 out of 11.

[​IMG]mg]

[​IMG]img]

[​IMG]img]

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Hey!
    I have 14 in the hatcher! Due to hatch on Sat! We are too excited about them.
    Of all you sent I broke one (oops!) and another leaked (must have cracked during shipment).
    I will let you know on Sat or Sunday how they all hatch out. Really great for shipped eggs!

3. pride&joy

pride&joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hey that sounds great here is keeping my fingers crossed [​IMG] did the box look crushed, where the two damaged eggs close to each other? I don't mean to interrogate you just always looking to learn and if possible improve?

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    All eggs were perfect when they arrived! I accidentally dropped one when candling on day 7. [​IMG] It cracked pretty badly but the baby hatched anyhow!!!![​IMG]

Okay let me tell you right now....we could not be happier unless all eggs sent (and you sent plenty!) had hatched but final outcome was 2 did not develop, 2 died in shell before pipping, one died after pipping and all others hatched out beautifully! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of my own chicks that I hatched along with your eggs are in there, too, so don't freak that you have weird birds or nuthin'![​IMG]

Here is one of yours that fell asleep reading the paper the first night!

[​IMG]

I did not hatch any blues or splashes in with this hatch from my own birds so all the blues are from your eggs.
    You did a bang up job wrapping and shipping. I am very, very happy with this hatch of shipped eggs. I wish they all were this good![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by