Jersey Giants Hen and a Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AuntJenny, Sep 24, 2010.

1. AuntJenny

AuntJenny Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    These are both about 9 weeks old. I am guessing a hen and a roo or both hens. I am pretty sure the roo is on the right.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    i dont have giants I have australorps. Im assuming you are going by the tail feathers? By 9 weeks my BA's all had large combs. I have a little Delaware that has stunted tail feather and he is a he but his comb is bigger than the rest. Going by the comb I say both are pullets, but by the tail not sure maybe someone her with Giants can help better

3. AuntJenny

Aug 30, 2010
    They have hardly no combs. I am guessing one is a roo because the tail feathers are different.

4. mikee0417

mikee0417 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2010
    my giant roo looked very rooish by this age. red comb and inch long wattles. I say hens

5. kipper

kipper Chillin' With My Peeps

We once had a pair. By 9 weeks the cockerel was twice as big as the pullet, and she was huge. My guess is you have 2 pullets.

6. AuntJenny

Aug 30, 2010
    Thanks, I've seen pics of birds that have way more combs than these. I thought they were one of each because they have different tails. I assume the tail means nothing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by