1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Jersey Wooly bunnies

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Must Be Losing It, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I'm trying to find a breeder of Jersey Woolies in the MA/NH/CT/RI area. Anyone know of anyone reputable?

2. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Jersey woolies are so very very cute! But be prepared for the fur - it mats so easily. Also, they are not tolerant of heat at all. Good luck in your search!

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I have them ! They arent papered or anything they are just pets .
    let me know if you are interested in 1 i believe one of my females is due any day

4. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    That is great. We dont care about papers. These are just for pets. You must have every animal in the world.

5. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    If you are looking for show stock try the National Jersey Wooly Club website. They have a list of breeders by state.

6. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Quote:Lol not yet but hopefully one day !![​IMG] Did you want babies or adults ?

the female that i think is prego is black adn white and the father is grey and tan . I also have a black doe i could breed and a wild colored doe (not sure of corect name ) . I also have a black male and a blue male . If the doe doesnt have her babies ill breed again . Im hopeing for some all white babies

My chinchilla just had 3 babies Lol

7. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Poultrykeeper,
    post up pictures and I can tell you the correct names for the colors if your interested.

8. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I don't know that color is important and given its for my son and I babies would be better. I told my son this morning and he's excited but fortunately he's old enough to understand if it doesn't work out exactly how he'd like.

This is exciting.

Julie

9. Farming Frenzy

Farming Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2013
    Kerikeri New Zealand
    Ooo good luck in finding your babies, I am getting 2 myself from a local breeder. Jersey woolies are my fav type, they are sooo fluffy!!!! - here are the ones i may pick from: [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by